POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Script language speed : Re: Script language speed Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Script language speed
From: Rune
Date: 5 Nov 2001 18:42:17
Message: <3be723d9@news.povray.org>
"Warp" wrote:
>   But if the user really creates an include file on the fly,
> then it's treated as any include file which has always existed.

But how is the include file being treated? The same optimized way as the
main file I hope?

> This method would just be obsolete due to the evaluation
> function described above.

Yeah, if it allows strings that are several thousands of lines long and
which can be accesses in all the frames of an animation, then it'd be
obsolete (I often generate a very large include file on the fly in the first
frame of an animation and then include it in all the frames).

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)